CA Parent Association January News
Christopher Academy Parent Association 2012-2013
Second Semester Kick-Off Meeting
January 15, 2012
Michelle Murphy – Westfield Campus PA Chair
Sharon Murphy – Westfield Campus PA Co-Chair
Allison Friedman – SP Campus PA Rep
Lauren Politi – SP Campus PA Rep
Tammie Ramos-Crispino – SP Campus PA Rep
First Semester Recap:
* Halloween Party was our largest turn-out to date, with fun had by all.
* Donation drive for Hurricane Sandy victims was also a huge success! Thanks to your support, we were able to supply goods to three separate organizations: St. Joseph ’s Social Service Center, Healthy Family and a local collection held to support residents of The Rockaways.
* An iPad and cover were purchased for the Westfield downstairs classroom to fulfill their need for a computer.
* Teaching materials were also purchased in the fall for both campuses and two staff members were funded to attend the Teacher Assistant workshop.
Second Semester Planned Events:
* Community Service Project: Will take place the week of January 28th. This year we will be collecting book donations to support the KIDS (Kids in Distress) Organization. Children will be involved by decorating letters to place inside their book donation. Volunteers are needed to help out within the classroom to assist the students with decorating their letters and to donate the books once the project is completed. WF campus chair, Van Ellefson. SP campus chair, Rachel Lassman.
* 50th Anniversary Celebration:. Please mark your calendars for Sunday, February 10th from 2pm-4:30pm. A special Open House will be held at the Westfield campus to commemorate this special occasion.
* Teacher Appreciation Luncheon: Scheduled for Mon., Feb 25th (Montessori Week). Volunteers will be needed in the classroom to assist with watching the children while the teacher’s enjoy their special luncheon. Volunteers will also be needed to plan and prepare this special meal to show our gratitude to the CA staff. WF campus chair, Mariah Gianakouros. SP campus chair, Elise Smiljanic
* Parent Social Fundraiser: Mark your calendars! Our annual parent social fundraiser will be held on Friday, April 26th at the Plainfield Country Club. This year we will be continuing with our Casino Night theme. In lieu of the tricky tray prizes offered in past years, casino money earnings will be used towards Classroom Basket raffles. Each class will be given a theme to put together a basket for this raffle. A silent auction will also be a part of this event. Fundraising Event Chair, Daria Venezia.
* In-Class Presentation: Let’s Bloom Together will be coming back to Christopher Academy this year on Weds., May 15th (WF) andFri., May 17th (SP) to help us celebrate our 50th Anniversary. The children will be planting a special garden outside the school and each campus will be gifted a tree from the 2012-2013 class to “grow with the school for the next 50 years” as part of the planting.
* CA Day: Scheduled for Wednesday, June 12th (last day of school). Students will decorate tie-dye t-shirts and the Parent Association will sponsor a special snack as part of this event. Volunteers will be needed to assist with the events planned and also to help out with the tie-dye t-shirt preparation the day prior to the event. WF Campus Chair, RoseAnn Cho. SP Campus Chair, Amy Pasqua.